National Be Someone Day
On July 21st, National Be Someone Day challenges each of us to take ten seconds to make a difference in a child’s life.
In today’s world we can’t do everything, but we can do something. What can you do in 10 seconds? We can change gears and be intentional. One small thing can leave a huge imprint and impact.
So, where do you start?
- Tell a bad joke. Tell a good joke. Need a way to make a little one laugh? Here is a great list!
- Gardening is a great tool to teach environmental awareness by exploring the workings of nature. Pick a special plant for you and your little one to garden. Here is a gardening list of 10 plants for children starting from an early age.
- Say “Hello” in a different language. Using a word or two in a different language can teach your kids to be open to other cultures, and probably get a few smiles in return.
- Create a special handshake!
- Go outside and find an animal in the clouds. This encourages creativity, can provide a moment of calm, and connects your children with the natural world.
Take a 10-second dance break. Here are a few of our favorite suggestions:
Time to get silly and move every part of your body with A-Moose-Ta-Cha!
Guacamole is delicious in everything, including this helpful dance from The Best Tees!
Hit The Ball Y’all:
Backhand, forehand…SMASH! Learn some tennis moves with Blazer Fresh.